Thursday, October 08, 2009


Post-traumatic web loss

It was a tough week without the web for Nigel Hawthorn, European marketing manager at Blue Coat Systems, who took part in an FT Digital Business challenge to see if he could give it up.

Though back online, he has not forgotten the stress. He emailed me from Africa earlier this week, saying “I am in Nairobi in Kenya and keep on having flashbacks to not having access to the web. For example I was supposed to be picked up at the airport, but due to traffic the taxi driver didn’t make it. As I didn’t have the phone number of the hotel, I used the web to find it and call them.”

“If I’d still been on my week without the web, I might still be standing and waiting,” says Nigel, who also sent me the cartoon above. What can I say except: “There, there Nigel, it’s all over now.”

More on:
www.ft.com/dbpodcast
www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4a9e3d1c-b80c-11de-8ca9-00144feab49a.html
www.ft.com/digitalbusiness
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXFStZ8exM

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home